What if the worlde were mayde of thicke starres?

Hello and welcome to my online journal. I've been sent here by a daimon to write what thoughts I might be having at any particular moment of the day, though I evade the task when I can.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Berkeley, California, United States

A 22-year old girl full of fancy, admiring people and things with a passion hidden behind glass.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A Love Poem to a Sage of Mine Own Age

Far below the folding sky,
among the trunks of two leafless trees once called the Heron's Legs,
I dedicate parts of the street
(shiny baubles, pigeon's feathers, iron bridges gliding over gutters)
to the heart that first coronated them
for my young mind, love-full with the sediment
of a sea – not of infinity –
of the deep, longing hours
spent lying (nearly) in bed
watchful for a voice to resound clear to me
beyond steely lights, above meandering clouds–
always superlative.
(I only speak of difference
when I have not the image
and I'd prefer a word).

I would bear you close to me here,
in the manacles of languid providence,
and watching the obsolescence of the new–
Oh, please pray for me in your most secular hour–
The draught of this land
wreaks unseen.

Nothing has ever been so ravished
as our sense of time, moving slow–
nothing has ever been so emasculated
as the silence between words–
men delight in their explosive power
like children who drop eggs from a great height–

I may only be motioning my own anxieties
(I always do
though I try to keep them hidden–
for you)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home