What if the worlde were mayde of thicke starres?

Hello and welcome to my online journal. I've been sent here by a daimon to write what thoughts I might be having at any particular moment of the day, though I evade the task when I can.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Berkeley, California, United States

A 22-year old girl full of fancy, admiring people and things with a passion hidden behind glass.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

On the Word "Value"

The moment I come to consider something valuable is the moment when that something is lost to me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Hey, that's true. I've always thought it in terms of happiness and innocence only. Seems like there are potentially a lot more with the when-conscious-of-something-the-something-is-destroyed: perhaps like ignorance -- 'you fail to be ignorant once you consider if you are', hmm, actually that one is debatable. Hmm, actually, Descartes' cogito is kind-of founded on the positive side of that structure. How 'great' would it be if 'I think, I fail to be'.

- Ja_ _

October 31, 2009 at 3:06 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

I think that is a marvelous insight - I was thinking of something much more simple (that which has mere monetary value is not essential to my being). In some sense, thinking does cause a failure in being, videlicet Hamlet...

November 9, 2009 at 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home