What if the worlde were mayde of thicke starres?

Hello and welcome to my online journal. I've been sent here by a daimon to write what thoughts I might be having at any particular moment of the day, though I evade the task when I can.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Berkeley, California, United States

A 22-year old girl full of fancy, admiring people and things with a passion hidden behind glass.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

New March

I changed this one to have 10 lines in each stanza, concordant rhyming scheme, and 8 syllables in each line. Let me know if you think it is an improvement.

I sit here on the first of March
And I have had my nameless day
in sullen, mottled economy
of mind - nothing do I say
but of auguries well untrue
as might spit the embittered sphinx
that Oedipus wrought with the rue
that all chastn'd riddlers do feel
at being sounded like a bell
with no muffle to dead'n the peal

So long is wisdom badly kept
interred in th' furnace of our breast
(spewing fallow seedlings of change
that threaten always to molest
my impatient autonomy)
that I work 'pon more vital things,
the outward show of liberty,
as would in my hands abide-
O, fickle and careless freedom,
why choose the young 'mong us to chide?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home