What if the worlde were mayde of thicke starres?

Hello and welcome to my online journal. I've been sent here by a daimon to write what thoughts I might be having at any particular moment of the day, though I evade the task when I can.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Berkeley, California, United States

A 22-year old girl full of fancy, admiring people and things with a passion hidden behind glass.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Update...

My laptop was stolen last Friday (the 4th of September)... And from the University library, too!

How sad the world is. I blame it all on capitalism.

I will be back to blogging as soon as I can get my wits together (and get a new computer)

Love to you all,

Jackie

2 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Haven't got a new one yet? Hmm.

When I lose items that contain much of 'myself' within it, I tend to go into a delusional state where I think that metaphysical or spiritual forces led it to go missing and it isn't really lost at all. It is supposed to be taken away from me, for some reasons I'll never know and fortunately not.

That was what I felt when I 'left' my mp3 player--- I still could not believe that I left it there. I got off the bus that day and searched my pockets and it was missing but I just felt that it was so unbelievable and I didn't even felt like finding ways to restore it even though it means a lot to me. And the strangest thing is that after that, the thing that I though t most about is whether the person who will eventually pick it up will listen to the songs and like it as well.

Ahhh.

I think I will go insane if I lost my laptop or worse, someone stole it. All the files, the songs, etc. and the laptop itself mostly :O Its like losing my mine D:

September 25, 2009 at 6:47 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

I kind of felt the same way... though I find it hard to believe that such a thief would even care to think about what kind of things someone might have on a computer. Even though it was just a banal contingency, something in me also feels that there was some spiritual reason for it, like, meditation on what it means to live in a technological society where we can put so much of ourselves into a material thing...

But I've a new one now - more ready to print things on paper now, though the internet is really wonderful if you think of how much can be saved on here semi-permanently.

September 30, 2009 at 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home