What if the worlde were mayde of thicke starres?

Hello and welcome to my online journal. I've been sent here by a daimon to write what thoughts I might be having at any particular moment of the day, though I evade the task when I can.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Berkeley, California, United States

A 22-year old girl full of fancy, admiring people and things with a passion hidden behind glass.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

An Imagined Dialogue

Charles: Let us go to bed - for I am weary and need sleep and your body close to mine is the only thing that gives me good rest. 

Deborah (to herself): So we'll sleep until morning if the night permits,
if Winter does not penetrate the sheets we share
with cold immuring. But that does not mean
that I will love you when the day breaks. 
The sun's light can be raw, sometimes, 
and when it breaks upon my eyes and penetrates
through my skin, it may boil and confuse
the things inside me, confound them to patterns new. 

Should I be blamed for this? Nature and I -
we have a pact of sorts. I flow and ebb according,
sometimes, to her wishes and vaunts of fancy.
I am tractable, pliant; my days are as lifetimes.
The beauty of my body (if beauty indeed there be)
and the love in my heart (if such passions can so be called)
abides here awhile with you - but the night drones
letting rest what was past, cooling the earth
upon which tomorrow lights fires anew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home