What if the worlde were mayde of thicke starres?

Hello and welcome to my online journal. I've been sent here by a daimon to write what thoughts I might be having at any particular moment of the day, though I evade the task when I can.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Berkeley, California, United States

A 22-year old girl full of fancy, admiring people and things with a passion hidden behind glass.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Disconnextion at the Heart of Lecture Time

The tortured skulls laying across the plains of Perú-
The public sphere is the place of authority
(Barbarism as authority, authority as barbarism)
Anthropology is the study of man (or so it says)
The original language is the primal feeling.

The heart that dug a ground into itself
made choices for the flowers that would grow
from the soil there (and music vivified)
We agree to dee illusion (who wouldn't,
given the time and the hour?)

A make-piece of gregarious warbling
too tight skin on the face of a father
Capitalism and art, hopelessly romantic
Why tinge entropy with belated draughts?
Simple places happily nodding the new.

About the idea of mythology -
poetic misprision of the thicke soupe of life
quandaries like buzz-buzz hee
generating more impossibilities
experimental impulses
exceed the established calculation
of indigenous indignation.

History is (mostly) the past
a realism that really
gets to what happens.
Once you learn
what's there
you can't help
but learn from it.

Grandpa plays with the aesthetic understanding of history.
like a groove in time
that shimmers and shimmers and gleams
and takes it all in time.

We, who are so drawn to daily loves
the workings of a daytime, the after-scent
of a minute, fair woman, do not
decide now, in the heat of such abysm
wakening the dark sense that wickens
the hour, the too interperturbable
flame.

            If I knew the worlds you saw today
      orbiting round placid myth,
      I don't want to make it what you would do
next. Textual sumptuous life of the senses.
What's dead in the breast erupts in words
      What's alive in the breast
                                       oh,
             bursts out in deeds.









[I know I am obsessed with using the word 'heart', but until I can say what I need to say, it shall remain. This is another lecture-note poem that is rather tortured]

2 Comments:

Blogger Brett said...

(Barbarism as authority, authority as barbarism) . . .this line struck me with its balance; your poems (?) are loose leaves, a texture of prose I admire, scrapping of the soles of tires, sliding off the dash-board miles, alive again. Who sees the visions between each word-ledge? Puppeteering their own withdrawal, looming the blue waves and green hill-slopes, I spilt two freckles, threw dice into a coffin, and nearly dry up a creek she did.

May 20, 2009 at 11:58 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Yeah, I know it feels good to throw them dice into the coffin! The creek dries and paints sambo-sticks in my soul.... why does it always have to leave the mud so caked like that?

May 22, 2009 at 12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home