What if the worlde were mayde of thicke starres?

Hello and welcome to my online journal. I've been sent here by a daimon to write what thoughts I might be having at any particular moment of the day, though I evade the task when I can.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Berkeley, California, United States

A 22-year old girl full of fancy, admiring people and things with a passion hidden behind glass.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Choice

What is life but the choice and conduct of one's keeping between these two poles?

Hector: Mine honour keeps the weather of my fate.
Life every many holds dear, but the dear man
holds honour far more precious dear than life. 

Troilus and Cressida, V.iii

Falstaff: What is honour? A word. What is in that word honour? What is that honour? Air - a trim reckoning! Who hath it? He that died a Wednesday. Doth he feel it? No. Doth he hear it? No. 'Tis insensible then? Yea, to the dead. But will it not live with the living? No. Why? Detraction will not suffer it.

- Henry IV Part 2, V.i

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home