What if the worlde were mayde of thicke starres?

Hello and welcome to my online journal. I've been sent here by a daimon to write what thoughts I might be having at any particular moment of the day, though I evade the task when I can.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Berkeley, California, United States

A 22-year old girl full of fancy, admiring people and things with a passion hidden behind glass.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Anchises; An Elegy on the Death of Tim Russert

I weep for Anchises, for he is dead... etc.
Tim Russert died today from a heart attack.
He was a little overweight.
His arteries were all clogged up.
He was a master journalist.
We have lost someone who would have given
masterful insight to this election season,
made it more authentic for all those who want the truth from politics
and not the empty rhetoric so easily spewed
by bigots like Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush, and Dick Cheney

I watched him last week on television,
after Obama had won the Democratic nomination
He was bearing a radiant smile
as he explained how historically momentous
the night was, and talked about
(but more importantly, showed)
his excitement for the upcoming campaign,
between Obama and John McCain
because he hoped there would be a straight-up
discussion about the big issues -
why each man thought their approach to America's situation was better
and not quibble over personal attacks or banal cultural concessions
"Politics will happen again," he said
and I shared his excitement.

Now I carry that excitement on after his death
and I will commemorate my commitment to his ideals
of exposing the truth, and giving to those in need
of always bringing honour and good humour to his work
by committing myself to healthy eating,
thus prolonging my life,
so that I might bring to the world
more of what was lost today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brett said...

This is a different texture: more straitfoward, and thus perhaps more suiting an an elegy. It is good to interweave a self-recommendation within all this . . .

June 14, 2008 at 10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:( was sad that he died

June 18, 2008 at 4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home