What if the worlde were mayde of thicke starres?

Hello and welcome to my online journal. I've been sent here by a daimon to write what thoughts I might be having at any particular moment of the day, though I evade the task when I can.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Berkeley, California, United States

A 22-year old girl full of fancy, admiring people and things with a passion hidden behind glass.

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Thoughts for the Day

A) I would rather eat a plate of steamed broccoli with sensual relish than take even one second to pray to god before a slab of BBQ ribs or pepperoni pizza.

C) No one really wants anyone or anything enough to break boundaries.

D) Experience has shown me that people of all minds, levels of knowledge, and intelligences are very able and willing to disregard things that others might consider profound as trivial, banal, or salacious. What this shows is not that there aren't very profound things in the world, but rather that the human imagination has a strong tendency towards sloth. [I know, just this week I said "nothing is profound"... well, do you think these thoughts are always directed at others?]

E) The world is [hers], who can see through its pretension. - Emerson

F) Pleasure throughout all the day does no good for a human. Doing work all day that one does not thoroughly enjoy is also no good. One must have some difficulty in one's life, but this is not the same thing as hardship, which can and should always be avoided.

G) What is hunger? Is it a desire, drive, or inspiration?

H) Following one's own conviction is certainly more than giving oneself over to authority; but changing an opinion accepted on authority into an opinion held out of personal conviction, does not necessarily alter the content of the opinion, or replace error with truth. The only difference between being caught up in a system of opinions and prejudices based on personal conviction, and being caught up in one based on the authority of others, lies in the added conceit that is innate in the former position. - Hegel

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are really insightful.

'G' really struck me. It left me thinking further.

I agree with you on A and B though I could not possibly eat a plate of steamed broccoli with sensual relish :P And I'm agnostic, my 'God', from what I understand, loves BBQ ribs and cannot survive without pepperoni pizza. She is someone like myself (:

F introduces new perspectives.

H is wow, hmm. Very thoughtful Hegel. Enlightening. Makes me somewhat wary of the way I make decisions.
--------------------------
And hey Jackie, could you send the password again? I couldn't open my hotmail account's emails as I've been inactive for more than 120 days. psynicc@gmail.com Thanks so much and very sorry :/

October 5, 2008 at 1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

psynicc@gmail.com with an extra 'c', not a typo. Someone took 'psynic' ):

October 5, 2008 at 1:15 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

I definitely will send the password again!

I always appreciate your comments.

Now that is a god that I might consider believing in =P

October 5, 2008 at 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home