What if the worlde were mayde of thicke starres?

Hello and welcome to my online journal. I've been sent here by a daimon to write what thoughts I might be having at any particular moment of the day, though I evade the task when I can.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Berkeley, California, United States

A 22-year old girl full of fancy, admiring people and things with a passion hidden behind glass.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Thoughts for the Day

A) There are always tears behind ostentation.

B) Even Nietzsche was metaphysical - that is why I never understood the eternal recurrence. I didn't take it seriously enough as a form of spirituality.

C) I am a woman of color.

D) The altered image is never so beautiful as the natural. (Questionable)

E) Nothing is profound.

F) Does anyone have a responsibility to speak truth? What is the role of the noble lie? Yet to even ask this question is to act as if the stakes were so high that what we did with truth actually mattered! People pursue lies with such passion that I don't think anyone with the power to do otherwise should promote its continuation.

G) I love listening to people.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ci) Its funny how you reverse from 'color' to 'colour' to 'color'.

I always find myself silently providing reasons for each change. I saw the use of 'color' first, then 'colour' subsequently. Now I saw you slipping back to 'color' and I had to comment about it :D (I just observe wierd things)

I suppose you intended to use 'color' but it slipped past you?

I always thought 'glamour' looked better than 'glamor' (seems to be missing something) and hmm, an addition 'u' definitely looks more 'novel' :D

October 1, 2008 at 1:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The mind begins to affirm itself over a heart made perilously quiet by the colours of bodies on the earth..."

A thoughtful new header. And here we see 'colours' again :D

October 1, 2008 at 2:47 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

You know, it is the exact same thing for me - words like color, glamor, etc. always seem to me to be missing something... Of course, living in the United States, I've grown used to the usage so that I find myself using the standard spelling without even knowing it... Ah, if only I were so self-aware as yet to put that much thought into my writing to mean something by each change =P

I hope I can be thoughtful - I don't know if I have yet begun to think, despite all my 'knowledge'....

October 4, 2008 at 1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home