What if the worlde were mayde of thicke starres?

Hello and welcome to my online journal. I've been sent here by a daimon to write what thoughts I might be having at any particular moment of the day, though I evade the task when I can.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Berkeley, California, United States

A 22-year old girl full of fancy, admiring people and things with a passion hidden behind glass.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Ode to Tim Russert

There’s a hole in the world where a good man stood
And a vacuum in his place
Where the wind of sorrow rushes in
O’er the shadow of his face

Left in the wake of his wit and verve
The waters yet are rippled
Now the footprints of a giant to fill
With a loss that leaves us crippled

So who will raise the standard here
Where he fell and left it lying?
We have dear occasion now to rest
And think on our lives, crying.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brett said...

the first stanza's imagery is very rich in its bankruptcy, great, great . . . ."left in the wake of his wit and verve" is great semantically and phonologically. Then, the last stanza sobers up, without explicit imagery, and again gives that sense of self-reflection as the prior Tim Russert elegy. It is nice to see the rhyme, I didnt notice it till afterward but it explained why it felt clean reading it.

June 14, 2008 at 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home