What if the worlde were mayde of thicke starres?

Hello and welcome to my online journal. I've been sent here by a daimon to write what thoughts I might be having at any particular moment of the day, though I evade the task when I can.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Berkeley, California, United States

A 22-year old girl full of fancy, admiring people and things with a passion hidden behind glass.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Sister's Marriage Ring (White Hempen Strands in the Moonlight)

Blood douses etchings snug in a carbuncle of ecstasy, with vague hemoglobin blanchings uncolouring the snow-scene. 





[I wrote this on the tongue of my shoe (I had a pen with me but no paper) after watching my sister fight with her fiancée and throw her engagement ring in the snow. The three of us had gone on a small trip to town up in the mountains where it snows. They started to fight on our way back to the car after dinner. Of course, I thought it would be quick, so I went inside the car and let them resolve whatever issue they were having without my ear being keen to it. They must have been fighting for over half an hour - it just kept getting worse until she finally threw the ring and I thought "Oh.... shit...." and wrote the above sentence. There were ropes hanging from a nearby house for rent that make up the imagery of the other half of the title (for some reason I felt like those ropes represented their love better than the engagement ring did, even though the ring was the symbol that they were most emotionally invested in).

To conclude - I had to call our mother to come pick us up. It was his car. They talk to one another no longer.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home